Friday, December 12, 2008

Bake me a cake as fast as you can...

Well, this is the third year in a row that I attempted to make the Porter birthday cake. I don't know why I always feel I need to take on this project, but my mom always made our birthday cakes, so I guess that's why I feel I should continue the tradition. I asked Porter several weeks ago what kind of birthday cake he wanted this year & suprisingly, he answered right away & never waivered. BERT & ERNIE. That'd do-able I thought. So the search began for the B&E pan...finally found one on E-Bay & had my dad order it for me. Next came the trip to the candy store for all the different colored frosting that was needed...7 in all!
I took the Friday afternoon before his party off from work so I could have several uninterrupted hours to work on it. I actually enjoyed making it; the biggest hassle was changing the colors in the pastry tube...(7 times!)
It turned out better than I could have expected if I do say so myself!

No comments: